The Privacy Statement for the Inspiring Teacher of English Award (ITEA) website, is stated in http://www.inspiringenglishteacher.sg. ITEA collects information from our users for a number of reasons, the chief one being to better understand our users and their needs.
Please read our policy carefully on data collection and use of the data collected.
When is information collected from you?
- When you register as a member of ITEA or for any services offered by ITEA.
- When you use any ITEA service and provide your personal particulars.
- When you take part in any contest, survey or promotion conducted by ITEA and/or its business partners.
- When you register as a member of websites hosted by ITEA on behalf of its business partners or use services on such websites.
What is the information used for?
- To provide goods and services by ITEA or its designated representatives and/or business partners to you or parties designated by you and matters ancillary thereto.
- For verification and record of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
- To conduct statistical analysis of the users of our sites including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users and using such analysis for our business plans, the enhancement of our products and services, targeted advertisements and conveying such information in broad terms (but not information in relation to specific individuals) to third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with us.
- To send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and those of third party organizations selected by us.
- To comply with any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any users for breach of the Conditions of Use.
- For the above purposes by third parties (who may be based outside Singapore) who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programs on our site, whether in conjunction with us or not, if you purchase such goods, use such services or participate in such contests and promotional programs.
What about Children’s Privacy?
ITEA takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and encourages parents to be an active participant in their child’s online activities and interests.
Can you opt out?
Whenever we send you any information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and a link to do so. If you do not wish to receive further information of a similar nature, you may unsubscribe by contacting us on the website.
Will your personal information be shared with anyone?
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. As a general rule, we do not disclose specific information about our users to any third parties unless so required by law or any government agencies. All communication whether from us or our business partners will be sent to you by us.
However, in the event that you participate in contests or other promotional programs on our site sponsored or organized by third parties or purchase goods and services offered by third parties or offer goods and services to third parties on our sites, your information may be disclosed to and used by such third parties.
How your data is protected
ITEA will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access. Any information gathered by ITEA is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorized staff of ITEA using assigned user ids and passwords.
ITEA uses “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.